Comcast email services are a business tool that is widely used in the corporate world by employees and businessmen for email marketing and to also help in sending bulk emails. The Comcast service is provided by Xfinity, a cable communication company that also excels in Comcast.
Besides Comcast, Xfinity also provides Digital Cable TV, smart home, and security-related services. Comcast email is also popular by its alt name, Xfinity Email.
The History Behind Comcast And Xfinity
Before becoming the brand Xfinity, it was simply known as Comcast. And back in 1996, Comcast used to provide the same services that are also provided today, but in a less advanced way and with limitations. In 1996, concepts such as ” smart home” and “security” weren’t introduced, so Comcast didn’t provide them.
Comcast first rolled out giving their services for Internet and then for email services. Comcast then, as it does now, provided its subscribers with email services for free to increase their reach and include email as the bread and butter for their connectivity.
With more technological advancements, the Comcast service now administers a platform that sends 250 million emails daily, also blocking around 175 million possible spam emails on their domain comcast.net.
Their domain is linked to the same network that provides consumers with reliable, high-speed internet for gaming and browsing. At the time of Comcast’s acquisition of Xfinity in 2007, they introduced xFi Advanced Security, which performs security checks on URLs within emails at the time of click.
How To Get Started With Xfinity Comcast Services
Creating an email on the Xfinity platform is easy and there are various options to do so. You can either use their website, or the mobile app or set up an email program yourself. All the techniques are easy and have their own pros and cons. Let’s look at the most conventional and widely used approach.
1. Open Xfinity’s official website on your preferred web browser, or alternatively, copy and paste this link https://www.xfinity.com/ into the search bar.
2. Once that’s done, you are now on Xfinity’s official website page. On the website, look out for the sign-in option and click it. It takes you to the ‘Comcast.net login page.
3. The site says to enter your email and password, but we need to first create one, so, click on Don’t have an Xfinity ID? Create One.
4. After clicking on that, Xfinity asks you to continue with either your phone number or social security (SSN) number. You can choose anyone after which you’ll be asked to provide details accordingly.
5. If you went with the first option, Phone Number, then Xfinity asks you to enter the personal phone number you wish to connect your Comcast email with, after which you’ll receive an OTP or text code with which you can verify and proceed ahead.
If you chose SSN, then you’re asked for all the personal details related to your SSN and they should be correct.
6. After this is done, then Xfinity asks you for the PIN or ZIP code to check whether their services are available in that region or not and if they are available they’ll then ask you to enter your address.
After completing all the above steps, you can continue on Xfinity Comcast after agreeing to their terms and conditions and third-party allowances written in the message. With this, you’ve created your official account on Xfinity Comcast.
How To Log In To Your Comcast
Logging in to your Comcast account is comparatively easy and a not-so-tough task. All you need to do is follow the same link which you used to create an Xfinity account and click on the sign-in button on the top right.
Then you’ll be asked to enter the email ID and password that you just created, and after you’ve entered the credentials, you are logged in to your Comcast account and can start using their services.
Final Thoughts On The Comcast Service
The bottom line here is that compared to other email service providers, the logging and account-creating processes are easy on Comcast. They also provide you with extra layers of security to make your experience seamless and interruption-free. The domain on which your account is created is @comcast.net.
It is a company that provides Digital Cable TV, smart home, and security-related services and their most used email services.
Comcast started providing services in 1996.
Comcast become Xfinity in 2007.
Around 250 million emails are sent each day using their domain.
xFi Advanced Security which performs security checks on URLs within emails at the time of click.
Also Read More: Metatrader 5: All You Need To Know